The Secret Bureau of Art & Design
Founder & Creative Director
November 2015 – present
The story: As an antidote to years of working on a intensely complex interactive products with gray lines and Helvetica Neue, I threw myself into some fun work exploding with color and gorgeous, swashy typography. That fun side project has become my passion, an opportunity to create my dream gigs instead of just waiting for them to come around.
What is The Secret Bureau? A new and unique design shop focused on Boston’s music scene. Drawing upon a collective of local, unsung artists (or “secret agents”), we collaborate with musicians and venues to provide everything from logos and gig posters to music videos and comprehensive visual brand strategies.
The 3% Conference
March 2014 – present
- Oversee brand vision and interactive strategy
- Redesigned a new, responsive conference site for one of the most critical audiences on the planet — Creative Directors — while managing the remote design, writing and development team.
- Designed and provided direction for the full range of print and digital materials for the 2014 & 2015 conferences.
Associate Creative Director
January 2015–December 2015
RedSwan5 is a Boston-based brand and interactive studio with a passion for creating exceptional experiences that define markets. The studio creates web-based applications and sites that engage in ways that extend the learning environment to any moment, place or device that makes sense for the user.
- Collaborate with educators to concept and design a comprehensive interactive educational application for college freshmen that is engaging, elegant, and fun
- Established rapport with clients and stakeholders by presenting complex interactive prototypes and comps in a simple way
June 2012–June 2014
- Collaborated with Design Manager, other designers, copywriters, usability experts, developers and internal business partners to concept, design and build interactive solutions for all Staples’ online properties and eCommerce platforms that align with brand and user-experience standards.
- Part of a core team of UX Designers, copywriters and developers who designed and implemented Phase 1 of the Staples corporate site. Responsibilities included meeting with key stakeholders across the company, developing a content strategy, presenting creative to SVP of Global Marketing, casting, scouting and directing a photo shoot with Staples associates, as well as collecting, creating and managing digital assets.
- Provided art direction and styling of product photography for interactive marketing campaigns.
December 2007–June 2012
- Worked collaboratively with account managers, copywriters and developers to produce online design solutions for B2B marketing and merchandising, including email campaigns, web banners, landing pages and microsites.
- Created and supported global and internal Staples Advantage interactive brand guidelines for email marketing program and other online marketing vehicles. Provided training to other design teams within the agency to ensure consistency across digital marketing assets.
- Led the Advantage creative team to design more vibrant, promotional and consistent templates for the Staples Advantage email marketing program.
- Organized and conducted regular design reviews with the Advantage creative team to ensure consistent use of new brand while improving designs and processes.
Founder & Freelance Graphic Designer
Clients include: Craigie On Main, Lark Fine Foods, SpeakOut Boston
- Designed and implemented standards-based XHTML/CSS Web sites and email marketing campaigns for a range of small businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Concepted and designed logos and wordmarks, signage, packaging, postcards, flyers, business cards and invitations.
Joslin Diabetes Center
Project Manager, Education Technology Services
December 2004–February 2007
- Managed the development of a wide range of e-learning activities, as well as the Educational Impact Assessment project, which measured the effectiveness of Joslin’s continuing medical education curriculum.
- Member of cross-departmental project team chartered with joslin.org site redesign and development of database testing methodologies.
- Designed and developed email marketing campaigns for special events and programs.
School of the Museum of Fine Arts